is a quantitative asset management firm founded in 2007 and currently
has over 450 employees globally. They develop and deploy systematic
financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global
markets, utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management
Their research subsidiary in Sofia is seeking mathematics, computer science, physics and engineering majors for quantitative researcher position, involving the creation of computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of worldwide financial markets. Candidates do not need any prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and financial markets. Their highly accomplished senior staff will provide the new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed.
They offer outstanding career opportunities, which include:
- Competitive financial rewards, relative to performance and position;
- Friendly and collegial working environment;
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years;
- Opportunity to learn from investment experts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree from a leading university (Ph.D. or M.Sc. preferred but B.Sc. graduates with honors acceptable) in a highly analytical field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Financial Engineering or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative;
- Ranked as top 20% in class for bachelor's degree, graduated with honors. Have a research scientist mind-set, i.e., be a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, etc;
- Be competent in a programming language (Python, C++ or similar);
- Possess good English language skills;
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets;
- Exhibit strong work ethic.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Work experience in financial industries or quantitative research is a plus;
- Possession of an international or regional Mathematical Olympiad medal is a plus.
The position is based in their research office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
ResearchInterested and qualified candidates please send resumes to WQBulgariaJobs@worldquant.com