On behalf of the project consortium, Law and Internet Foundation is inviting you to the FAIR Conference which be held between 17-18 November 2020. As the main event of the two-year DG-Justice project FAIR (Enhancing the Fair Trial for People Suspected or Accused of Crimes), the conference provides an ideal forum for actors across the fields of criminal justice and human rights to exchange and share their experiences and knowledge.
The conference aims to bring together international criminal justice practitioners such as lawyers, prosecutors, law enforcement experts and judges, as well as researcher and scholars from various academic disciplines, human rights activists, policy-makers and students from all EU Member States. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss the project’s direct results, as well as engaging with internationally renowned experts on the following key topics:
• Access to procedural rights in the context of digitalisation – chances and risks
• Deployment of ICT technology to help fulfill the right to information and translation
• Outcomes of the FAIR app pilot testing in Bulgaria and Austria
• Presentation of the FAIR Best Practices Handbook
• Transposition of the Stockholm Programme ('Road-map Procedural Safeguards') in Austria, Bulgaria, Greece and Hungary
Participation Conditions:The conference will be held in a virtual format and is free of charge. The language of the conference will be English. For detailed agenda, please visit our website at www.projectfair.eu. Participants are required to register in advance. Prior to the event an access link to the meeting room will be sent to registered participants. Please register by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.