Enhancing the Right to be Present (PRESENT)
Projects / Completed
Period: January 2018 - December 2019
Contacts: Daniela Ilieva
The PRESENT project addresses the direct need of training and receiving insight on the changes that are going to be incorporated in the legislation of European Union Member States (MS) in order to transpose Directive (EU) 2016/343. The PRESENT partnership unites 6 partners from 6 countries (Bulgaria, Austria, Romania, Slovakia, Cyprus and Portugal) with diverse focus and a wealth of expertise.
Under the coordination of Law and Internet Foundation, the PRESENT project will provide training to legal practitioners, prosecutors, and judges, who will then contribute to the enhancement of the right to be present, as delineated in the Directive in each country. Further, the PRESENT project will provide a comprehensive comparative analysis for all partner countries’ legislation in respect to the right to be present of suspected or accused persons in criminal proceedings.The project is implemented with the support of the JUSTICE Programme of the European Commission under Grant Agreement № 760482.
- Final Meeting within the PRESENT project was conducted in Porto, Portugal
- Final Conference within the PRESENT project was held in Porto, Portugal
- Two national seminars were conducted in Bulgaria within the PRESENT project
- PRESENT project is now present in social media
- The PRESENT project had its official Kick-off meeting!