VICESSE is a recently established private non-profit research institute providing a platform for interdisciplinary research in the domain of security studies, socio-legal studies and criminology. VICESSE is committed to a comprehensive concept of security research, bringing together historical, sociological, socio-legal and technological expertise to pursue a theoretically ambitious and empirical grounded research programme. The members of VICESSE are involved in several European and national funded research projects, and work as consultants for national law enforcement organisations.
- Crossing borders for effective police investigation to protect female victims of sex trafficking and enhance accountability mechanisms (A4)
- National Network of Schools for Parents in Prison, Enhancing Responsive Father Parenting (NESTOR)
- Enhancing the Fair Trial for people suspected or accused of crimes (FAIR)
- Enhancing the Right to be Present (PRESENT)
- Preparing local public authorities for the new data Protection Legislation (ProLegis)