INtroduction of the data protection reFORM to the judicial system (INFORM)
Projects / Completed
Period: October 2017 - March 2019
INFORM gathers 9 partners from 9 EU Member States, uniting them with the mission to bring more awareness and light on the on-going pan-European data protection reform. The project is designed to contribute to the effective and coherent application of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to facilitate the implementation and practical application of Directive (EU) 2016/680. Under the coordination of Law and Internet Foundation, the project will cater to the training needs of the judiciary, legal practitioners, and court staff and present them with a comprehensive overview of the new EU data protection legislation.
The project concept is to reach the judiciary, legal practitioners and court staff utilising train-the-trainer approach. INFORM will engage trainers, empowering them with tailor-made materials and customised training methodology. The project team will also develop an e-Learning programme to directly involve target groups. In addition, the partners will dedicate efforts to raise the overall awareness about the on-going data protection reform and strengthen data subjects’ rights.
The project is implemented with the support of the Justice Programme of the European Commission under Grant Agreement № 763866.
- Check out the INFORM video and understand the difference between GDPR and Directive (EU) 2016/680
- Call for external evaluator within the project INFORM
- The seventh INFORM Day was held in Leiden, the Netherlands on 02nd November 2018
- The second INFORM Workshop took place in Sofia, Bulgaria
- The first INFORM Workshop took place in Göttingen